Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Is a flexidrive (6xSDcard slot) as good as an SSD drive

Is a flexidrive (6xSDcard slot) as good as an SSD drive?
I came across something odd called a Sharkoon SSD Flexi-drive, wich apparently is a flexible way of making an SSD drive, letting you use SD(HD) cards in raid behind a SATA controller, making it seem like the ultimate cheapskate way to make your laptop/netbook shakeproof. ;) Like this: http://www.databyte.nl/foto.asp?img=\productinformatie\illustraties\Harddisken\sharkoon_flexi-drive_s2s_4.jpg Has anyone got a clue at how reliable this stuff is? Is it fast? Will it last me more then a week when I bully it with for instance games and movies? It doesnt seem very feasible to me, but im checking it with you guys before taking the bait and buying a sack fo cheap 8GB SSD cards from hongkong. :P
Other - Hardware - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I wouldn't put my stuff on cheap drives, but it'll still work



Read more discussions :